Want to write a guest post for I Heart Brazil?
Are you a Brazilian blogger, journalist, or student who wants to expand your writing portfolio by writing for a recognized travel, culture, and food online publication?
I know what it’s like to be just starting out and wanting to get your name out there. If you have a topic idea related to Brazil you’d like to write about, I’d love to hear from you.
Important Note: This opportunity is for BRAZILIAN bloggers, journalists, students, and aspiring travel writers only. If you are a for-profit, business, or affiliate site, please contact me for my guidelines for sponsored content.
You can reach me at bruna[at]iheartbrazil. com
What I look for in a guest post
At I Heart Brazil, I’m focused on providing practical, useful, fact-checked, and exciting information about Brazilian travel destinations.
I also write about the cultural aspects of Brazil and its people, together with our dearest (and weirdest) traditions. Here’s not a place to romanticize things, either. If something is bad in our society, we don’t leave it out of the story just to make Brazil “look better.”
Since an essential part of Brazilian culture is shaped surrounding regional dishes, I also write about Brazilian recipes from all 26 states.
Last, but absolutely not least. I write about sustainability tips because it is an issue that directly affects all of our society—in Brazil and abroad.
As you have noticed, I Heart Brazil has practical and useful articles filled with tips. That’s the publication’s core.
Guest post guidelines
If I accept your pitch, these are the guidelines I will ask you to follow.
- All content must be entirely original and not duplicated from anywhere else on the web.
- Your article must be detailed, practical, well-written, credible, and engaging to provide valuable content for readers.
- All content must be in line with my voice and relevant to my readers. I don’t accept posts or pitch ideas about animal tourism, with little regard for sustainability, and recipes or travel destinations from other countries. I cover budget/mid-range/luxury trips, recipes, culture and traditions, and sustainability tips (living, home, and travel).
- Your article must be written in 3rd person.
- Your article must have at least 2,000 words. The longer, the better. The article needs to be as long and detailed as possible, to rank high. If you’re writing about a place, you should cover all of its angles, and not leave a lot of questions for readers to search for elsewhere. For example, where and what to eat, where to stay, what to do, tips, the best time to visit, etc.
- I will do keyword research and provide you with a longtail keyword. Please include the keyword in your headers and build your content around the keyword.
- I reserve the right to edit any content you submit for grammar and SEO purposes and to include affiliate links in the content.
- I will reject submissions that do not follow the guidelines.
- Start your article with a 2-3-line excerpt that includes the longtail keyword provided. Please look at my articles to get an idea of how they look like.
- Separate paragraphs with headers throughout the article. There should be no more than three paragraphs under each header.
- Each paragraph should consist of only 3-4 sentences.
- If you are planning to include hotels in the article, please only use hotels that are listed on booking.com.
- Try to include the most important content at the end of the article.
- Please include up to three links to your blog (blog posts and not commercial/affiliate pages) in the content. I will place another link to your homepage in the author bio section together with your social media accounts.
- I reserve the right to deny links to competing posts.
- Links to other relevant sites are also encouraged. (Restaurants mentioned, museums, etc.)
- I reserve the right to remove any links I deem inappropriate.
- I reserve the right to add affiliate links to your post.
- I prefer to source photography on my end; however, feel free to submit high-quality photos should you have any.
- Any photography sent must be your own, and in submitting for publication you guarantee that you own the copyright and indemnify I Heart Brazil from any copyright claims that may arise.
- Please send an author bio along with the article. It should be approximately 100 words and may include links to your social media accounts and homepage.
- I will promote your guest post on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and various other social media channels. I hope you do the same.
Send me a pitch
Have an idea? I want to hear it! Send me an email with your pitch.
I will not accept pitches for content that I already featured on I Heart Brazil, so be sure to check my archives before creating your pitch. I also recommend that you read a few of my most recent posts to get an idea of the format and tone of my content.
To make sure there is an audience for the content you write, I will check the search volume for your idea. If there isn’t a significant search volume, I will ask you to rethink your idea, or it may be rejected.
You can reach me at bruna[at]iheartbrazil. com