Looking for a fruity wine drink? You’re in luck! I have an easy recipe for my favorite Brazilian red wine cocktail.
Oh, wait. Brazilian red wine cocktail?! Yes, that’s right.
We Brazilians don’t drink much wine. Still, this wine and fruit drink is pretty famous in the country.
A fruity wine drink
If you like wine and sweet drinks, you probably will like this cocktail too.
We Brazilians love sweets of all kinds. And it’s no surprise we also adore sweetened condensed milk–we use it in many recipes, including for brigadeiros.
Anyway, in this red wine cocktail, we add not only condensed milk but also pineapple, a Brazilian fruit.
While the fruit gives it a pleasant tropical and fresh taste, the condensed milk gives it a creamy consistency.
For many, this combination seems too weird. Still, in Brazil, I learned that no food combination is unsacred and that authenticity is overrated in the pursuit of delicious food and drinks.
Meaning, give it a try!
Tips to prepare the perfect cocktail with wine
- Use dry wine for this recipe as the sweetened condensed milk adds enough sugar to it.
- To have a nice and frosty glass, put it in the freezer for a couple of hours and remove it right before you pour the drink.
How to make this red wine cocktail
This wine cocktail recipe is very straightforward! Follow these easy steps, and you will be sipping it in a couple of minutes!
Fill a pitcher with ice cubes and set it aside.
Next, add the sliced pineapple or use the canned fruit. Remember to use unsweetened canned pineapple if you can.
In a blender, add the wine, sliced pineapple, and sweetened condensed milk, and blend it until smooth and frothy.
Finally, pour your red wine cocktail in the pitcher and serve immediately. Cheers, or as we say in Portuguese, saúde!
Did you like this red wine mixed drink? Then share it with a friend who might like it too!
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) red wine, dry
- ½ 14 ounces can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup medium pineapple (or 200 grams canned, unsweetened fruit)
- Fill a pitcher with ice cubes and set it aside.
- In a blender, add the wine, sliced pineapple, and sweetened condensed milk, and blend it until smooth and frothy.
- Pour your red wine cocktail in the pitcher and serve immediately.
- Cheers, or as we say in Portuguese, saúde!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 1gSugar: 54gProtein: 7g