Pssst, FYI – this post contains affiliate links and I earn from qualifying purchases. For the full scoop on what this means, feel free to check out my disclosure.
This Brazilian coconut cocktail is creamy and full of flavor. So if you’re looking for a delicious tropical drink, you’ve come to the right place!
We Brazilians love alcoholic coconut drinks. In fact, we love all the fruity cocktails. The most exceptional example of that is the caipirinha, our national drink.
Like caipirinha, this coconut cocktail is made with cachaça, a Brazilian spirit.
However, if you don’t have a bottle of cachaça at home, you can just use vodka. That’s perfectly fine!
Anyway, this traditional batida de coco is creamy, nicely sweet, and tastes just like summer.
If you like coconut, you will love this tropical cocktail.
Beyond that, this Brazilian drink with coconut milk is easy to prepare, and you could be sipping it in 5 minutes!
One of the best creamy alcoholic drinks: Batida de coco
Before you ask me, batida means shaken in Portuguese. It’s a simple name that describes this coconut cocktail recipe quite well because it is pretty straightforward to prepare.
You put all ingredients in the blender and enjoy it. Yes, it is that simple!
So, if you were looking for a fresh coconut cocktail for this summer, I’m sure this traditional Brazilian drink will satisfy the crowds.
And last but not least, a friendly tip: sip this cocktail slowly. Batida de coco almost tastes like a sweet milkshake.
Still, it darn right is a coconut drink recipe, meaning you can get tipsy pretty fast. So take it easy!
Can you make it ahead of time?
Absolutely! Keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, and blend it again before serving to make it creamy.
Serving your coconut cocktail
If you order this cocktail in Brazil, chances are you will drink it in a simple plastic cup with no garnishes. Unless you’re in a fancy bar, of course.
But to give it a nice tropical look, you can garnish your glass with a cocktail umbrella, mint, or coconut rim. All of these options make the drink the right vibe and look fantastic!
For the coconut rim, dip the top of the glass into water or even coconut milk, then dip it into shredded coconut, rotating it gently to cover the edge evenly.
How to make the perfect coconut cocktail
- Not too sweet! Use unsweetened coconut milk, otherwise, your coconut cocktail will turn out too sweet. In this recipe, you’ll use sweetened condensed milk. That’s enough sugar!
- Still too sweet? Or is it too strong? Add more coconut water to help balance out the sweetness.
- Uh, not strong enough? Add more booze!
- Chill! Not you, the glass! To have a nice and frosty glass, put it in the freezer for a couple of hours and remove it right before you pour the drink.
Other cachaça cocktails you might like
Here you have a complete list of the best cachaça drinks.
How to make a coconut drink
Follow these easy steps, and you’ll be sipping your delicious coconut milk cocktail in a couple of minutes!
Fill a pitcher with ice and set it aside. Most cocktails with coconut milk taste much better when cold, so this step is essential!
Next, put all ingredients in the blender and blend until creamy and frothy.
Pour the drink in the pitcher and serve! If you want, you can sprinkle shredded coconut on top of it.
Cheers, or as we say in Portuguese, saúde!
Did you like this recipe for a Brazilian coconut cocktail? Then share it with a friend who might like it too!
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) coconut milk
- 2/3 14 ounces can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) cachaça or vodka
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) coconut water
- Ice cubes
- Optional: 2 tablespoons hydrated or fresh shredded coconut
- Fill a pitcher with ice and set it aside.
- Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until creamy and frothy.
- Pour the drink in the pitcher and serve!
- If you want, you can sprinkle shredded coconut on top of it.
- Cheers, or as we say in Portuguese, saúde!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 50gProtein: 9g