A refreshing cucumber twist to the classic Brazilian vodka cocktail, the caipiroska.
Although cachaça drinks are very refreshing, this cucumber caipiroska is made with vodka instead. But don’t worry, it won’t disappoint you when it comes to freshness.
It’s a cooling drink with a slight watermelon aftertaste – no doubts it will get you hooked!
Oh, and since we’re talking about watermelon, you might want to check out this delicious watermelon caipiroska.
This cucumber caipiroska is light and refreshing, perfect for a hot day.
I like to say it is a spa experience in a glass!
Easy and fun to prepare, it is the perfect cocktail for a barbecue, party, or just a chill weekend.
But before we jump in the recipe, I want to share some other cocktails with you.
Because if you enjoy this drink as much as I do, you might want to try other recipes I served up here on the site.
On a side note – I use a cocktail shaker for this drink because it is easier to muddle the ingredients in it and because I can adequately shake the cocktail, mixing the alcohol.
If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can always muddle it in your glass. Still, I highly recommend you purchase one as this is a useful evergreen tool that will serve you for years to come.
I use and am very satisfied with mine – here’s a link to a complete cocktail shaker plus muddler from Walmart.
How to muddle cucumbers
First of all, you must rinse and dry the cucumber. Then, slice a 5-inch piece and peel the skin from it.
Slice the piece in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds using a spoon. Discard the seeds.
Next, slice the cucumber piece into thin slices and place them in the shaker. Gently muddle the cucumber pieces while twisting your wrist.
When it releases a strong cucumber aroma, stop muddling, and add the lime and sugar.
Tips for a refreshing cucumber caipiroska
- Pick limes with thin and soft skin, as these are the juiciest ones.
- You will want to remove the lime pith to avoid a bitter cocktail.
- Place the lime wedges in the cocktail shaker with the pulp up to avoid beating up the skin too much, resulting in a bitter taste.
How to make a cucumber caipiroska
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the cucumber as described above. Next, add the lime wedges, pulp up, and the sugar.
Gently muddle the lime until its juice is released, but without beating up the skin too much.
Add crushed ice – it’s ok if you only have ice cubes – and the vodka. Shake vigorously.
Pour your cucumber caipiroska into a glass and top it off with more crushed ice. Garnish with additional cucumber wheels.
Want more inspiration? Then check out the best caipiroska recipes I have here!
- 1 lime, wedges
- 1 tablespoon fine sugar
- 2-inch piece cucumber, plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces vodka
- Crushed ice
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the cucumber as described above. Next, add the lime wedges, pulp up, and the sugar.
- Gently muddle the lime until its juice is released, but without beating up the skin too much.
- Add crushed ice - it’s ok if you only have ice cubes - and the vodka. Shake vigorously.
- Pour your cucumber caipiroska into a glass and top it off with more crushed ice. Garnish with additional cucumber wheels.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
Did you like this cucumber caipiroska recipe? Then help me spread the word and share it with a friend who might like it too!