This post may contain affiliate links and I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, feel free to check out my affiliate disclosure.
Looking for an easy to make, yet delicious summer cocktail? Then look no further! This Caipiroska recipe is exactly what you need.
You might have heard of caipirinha, the national cocktail of Brazil. We Brazilians are crazy about it, so we’ve created some variations to it, like caipiroska.
Now you might think, “That doesn’t sound Brazilian, that sounds Russian!” Well, in a way, you’re right. It’s a strawberry cocktail with vodka.
While cachaça is used for the traditional caipirinha, the main ingredient of caipiroska is vodka. That’s why, in some countries, this strawberry drink is called caipivodka.
I’ve also served up a couple of variations of today’s cocktail here on the site.
For instance, any of these drinks:
All of them are absolutely delicious!
They say nothing good comes easy, but this is not true. Caipiroska is good and easy to make: it consists of only a few ingredients.
These are the ingredients for our strawberry caipiroska:
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
FAQ about Caipiroska
Which caipiroska variations are there?
Traditional caipiroska is made with lime, but it can also be made with other fruits, such as passion fruit, kiwi, and mango.
But because I was craving for a strawberry cocktail, that’s what we’re making in this recipe!
However! We also have a less strong version of caipiroska, which is made with sake. It is called caipisake.
What’s the difference between caipirinha and caipiroska?
The liquor used for caipirinha is cachaça (a Brazilian drink), while the liquor used for a caipiroska cocktail is vodka.
Caipiroska pronunciation: kay-pee-ross-kah
Tips for making a delicious caipiroska!
- Use quality liquor. A good cocktail stands or falls on the quality of the alcohol!
- Make sure your strawberries are nice and ripe. This gives a sweeter touch to your cocktail.
- Try using crushed ice instead of regular ice cubes. It makes your cocktail look even tastier.
- This strawberry alcoholic drink goes really well with coxinha.
How to make caipiroska
Have I made you curious about this strawberry vodka drink? Then let’s stop the talking and let’s get to it!
Start off by removing the stem from the strawberries by cutting off the top part. The stem is edible, but it won’t taste very well in our drink.
Now thoroughly wash the strawberries. If your berries are big, cut them in half to make the muddling easier, and set them aside.
Reserve a strawberry for decorating the glass.
Next, wash the lime and cut it into quarters. Be sure to remove the pith from the lime, because it will give a bitter taste to our drink.
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the lime pieces, pulp up, with the sugar. You will want to muddle the quarters gently so that the caipiroska won’t turn out bitter.
Now, add the strawberries one by one and muddle them again until the mixture has a pulpy texture.
It’s ok if not all strawberries are crushed, you can eat them after having your drink.
Now, add the ice and vodka to the cocktail shaker. Put the lid on, make sure it’s properly closed, and shake it like a polaroid picture!
That’s it, you’re all done!
Next, pour the mixture into a tumbler glass or highball glass.
As a finishing touch, decorate your delicious cocktail with the remaining strawberry.
Cheers, or as we say in Brazil, saúde!
Want more inspiration? Then check out the best caipiroska recipes I have here!
Did you like this caipiroska recipe? Then save it to Pinterest or share it with a friend who might like it too.
- 4.6 ounces (130 grams) strawberry
- 1/2 lime cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup (80 milliliters) vodka
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- A handful of crushed ice (or ice cubes)
- Remove the stem from the strawberries, wash them thoroughly, and set them aside.
- Optional: Put one strawberry aside to decorate your cocktail glass. If you are using big strawberries, cut them in half to make the muddling easier.
- Wash the lime and cut it into quarters. Remove the pith from the middle.
- Add the lime and sugar to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Now, add the strawberries, one by one, and muddle again until it has a pulpy texture.
- Add the ice and vodka to the cocktail shaker.
- Put the lid on the shaker and make sure it’s properly closed. Now shake for a few seconds.
- Pour the drink into a glass. Decorate the glass with the remaining strawberry.
- Saúde! Cheers!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 4gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g