This watermelon caipiroska is incredibly refreshing and tastes just like summer!
As a born and raised Brazilian, my all-time favorite summer cocktail is caipirinha.
But because this cocktail is so tropical and tastes particularly refreshing on a warm day – we have lots of those days in Brazil – we also created other tasty variations of it.
Because, why not, right?!
You can try most of these other cocktails at home since I’ve shared those recipes here on the site.
As you might have imagined, these other cocktails are less popular than our national drink, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t tasty! Oh, no – on the contrary!
Caipiroska, for example, is incredibly delicious and delivers a punch of fresh flavor!
But without further ado, let’s get to your recipe!
If you love fruity tropical cocktails, this watermelon caipiroska is the drink for you!
Watermelon caipiroska recipe
Unlike this slightly tart (and nicely sweet) passion fruit caipiroska, this cocktail with watermelon vodka is sweet.
It’s also fruity and has refreshing cucumber notes – perfect for sipping on a hot summer day!
So if you’re looking for a sweet, refreshing, and light summer drink, dear reader, you’ll absolutely love this watermelon cocktail!
Tips for a delicious watermelon caipiroska cocktail
- Use limes with a soft, thin skin because these are the juiciest ones.
- Always put the lime wedges with the pulp up before muddling to avoid making your cocktail bitter by beating up the skin too badly.
- Slice the lime pith off to avoid its bitterness as well.
How to make your watermelon caipiroska
In a cocktail shaker, place the lime wedges and cover them with the sugar.
Next, muddle gently to release the juice without beating up the skin too much.
Add the watermelon pieces and mash them thoroughly.
Finally, add the vodka and ice cubes and shake it vigorously.
Pour into a glass filled with ice and serve immediately.
If you want, garnish your watermelon caipiroska with a fruity slice – it looks straight out of a vacation book!
Want more inspiration? Then check out the best caipiroska recipes I have here!
- 1/2 lime, wedges
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup (150 grams) fresh watermelon, cubed and seeded
- 2 ounces vodka
- Ice cubes
- In a cocktail shaker, place the lime wedges and cover them with the sugar.
- Next, muddle gently to release the juice without beating up the skin too much.
- Add the watermelon pieces and mash them thoroughly.
- Finally, add the vodka and ice cubes and shake it vigorously.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice and serve immediately.
- If you want, garnish your watermelon caipiroska with a fruity slice - it looks straight out of a vacation magazine!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 1g
Did you like this recipe for a watermelon vodka drink? Then share it with a friend who might like it too!
Don’t forget about travel insurance!
Before you leave for Brazil, make sure you have a valid travel insurance policy because accidents happen on the road. I have been paying for Safety Wing travel insurance for a little over a year now, and I happily recommend them to my family and friends.
If you get sick, injured, or have your stuff stolen, you'll be happy to have the ability to pay for your medical bills or replace what was stolen.
Because, for just a couple of dollars a day (depending on how long your policy is for), you're going to get lots of things covered. Be smart and get travel insurance.