This post may contain affiliate links and I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, feel free to check out my affiliate disclosure.
This passion fruit caipiroska is the ideal refreshment on a hot summer day. The tart, sweet, and fresh taste of this drink with passion fruit is a treat for your taste buds!
Yet, the lesser-known caipiroska is not only delicious, but it also screams summer! This passion fruit version tastes deliciously fruity sweet-tart and looks so appealing!
Passion fruit caipiroska recipe
Put simply, caipiroska (or caprioska as I’ve seen online – we don’t say it in Brazil, though) is a passion fruit cocktail that combines vodka, the fruit, lime, and brown sugar.
If you are looking for a passion fruit vodka drink because you have the fruit lying around, which is a Brazilian fruit, you’ll love this easy summer cocktail.
Tips for a perfect passion fruit caipiroska
- If possible, use the fresh fruit as it tastes much better than pre-bottled ones.
- Pick limes with soft, thin skin as these are the juiciest ones.
- Always put the limes with the pulp up before muddling to avoid beating up the skin too badly – it can make your cocktail bitter.
- In the same breath, slice the lime pith off to avoid its bitterness.
- Lime – It adds a lightness and freshness to the drink. In Brazil, we use fresh Key limes that are very aromatic and less acidic than Persian limes.
- Passion fruit – The queen of the party! In Brazil, we use yellow passion fruit, which is 2-3x bigger than the ones I’ve seen in North America. Still, the purple, smaller fruit is also perfectly fine for this drink, you will just need more fruit to achieve the same results.
- Vodka – You will want to use good quality vodka to enhance your drink’s flavor. Some vodkas have a slightly fruity taste too!
- Brown sugar – It adds a sweet caramel taste to your passion fruit caipiroska.
How to make your passion fruit caipiroska
In a cocktail shaker, place the lime wedges and cover with sugar.
Muddle until the juice is released but without beating up the skin too much.
Add the passion fruit pulp, vodka, and ice cubes. Close it well and shake, shake, shake!
Pour it in a tumbler glass filled with ice and enjoy!
Want more inspiration? Then check out the best caipiroska recipes I have here!
- 1 lime, wedges
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons passion fruit - about 2-3 passion fruits worth, depending on size
- 2 ounces (60 milliliters) vodka
- Ice cubes
- In a cocktail shaker, place the lime wedges and cover with sugar.
- Muddle until the juice is released but without beating up the skin too much.
- Add the passion fruit pulp, vodka, and ice cubes. Close it well and shake, shake, shake!
- Pour it in a tumbler glass filled with ice and enjoy!
If you can't find fresh passion fruits you can always add in passion fruit puree, or passion fruit juice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 6gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g
Did you like this post? Then share it with a friend who might like it too!